- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann’s Corn Starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food colouring gel
- Preheat the oven to 200(f) degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside.
- In a clean glass bowl add the egg whites & lemon juice. Using an electric hand mixer, whisk until frothy.
- Add the sugar VERY slowly, ensuring it is fully incorporated after each addition. Continue beating until stiff & glossy peaks are formed.
- Add the corn starch, salt & vanilla. Beat until just combined.
- Divide the meringue into separate bowls, based on how many colour meringues you would like to make. Use a toothpick to swirl the meringue with the food colouring gel & gently fold in until the colour just begins to incorporate.
- Carefully transfer the meringue to a piping bag (one colour per bag) & pipe into dollops on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1.5 hours. Turn off the oven & let meringues stand for an additional hour in the oven. Let cool to room temperature & enjoy!