- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cup bread flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn Oil
Toppings (per Pizza)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If using RapidRise or Quick Rise, cover dough and let rest 10 minutes.)
- Divide dough into two portions. If making just one pizza, save one portion for another pizza later in the week (place in a large bowl that has been well sprayed with cooking spray and refrigerate for up to 3 days.)
- Pat remaining portion of dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching edge of dough.
- Tear cheese into small pieces and dot across crust. Top with tomatoes.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 10 to 12 minutes; until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
- Sprinkle basil over pizza and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
*If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away in a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push, turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into a ball of dough.