- 1-1/2 cups very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Melted butter OR margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Toffee bits
- Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, salt and dry milk in a large mixer bowl. Heat water and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F) and add to bowl. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Gradually add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface for 8 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes
- Roll into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle. Divide into three 4-inch wide strips. Combine the cream cheese and brown sugar, mixing well. Stir in cinnamon and toffee bits. Brush each strip with melted butter. Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture down the middle of each strip. Fold the long edges together, pinch edges to seal and roll into a rope. Braid the three strips and place on a greased cookie sheet. Let rise in a warm, draft-free area for 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Combine powdered sugar and milk; drizzle over cooled braid. Sprinkle with additional toffee bits.
Bread Machine option: Place the dough ingredients in a bread maker bowl. Use the dough setting to prepare the bread dough. Remove from bread maker and let rest 10 minutes on a floured surface.