- 2 cups warm water (100°F to 110°F)
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Combine water, yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar in a small bowl. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix 3 cups flour, remaining sugar and salt in a large mixer bowl. Add butter, 1 egg and yeast mixture. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Stir in 1/4 cup asiago cheese, mozzarella and 1-1/2 cups cheddar. Add enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 8 to 10 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic. Shape dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl, turning once to cover. Cover and let rise until dough is doubled in size, about 40 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Remove dough to lightly floured surface and cut in half. Roll each half into a very large circle - about 16 inches in diameter. Cut each circle of dough into 12 equal wedges. Roll each wedge into a crescent, starting at the wide end and roll to the point. Place crescents on greased baking pans. Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Brush crescents with beaten egg and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup asiago and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake 18 to 22 minutes in a preheated 350°F oven.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.