- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) wild rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 cups cooked and chopped turkey (chicken can also be used)
- 1 can (12 ounces/370 mL) evaporated milk
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, sliced OR shredded
- 1/4 cup sherry (optional)
- Sauté onion, celery and carrots in olive oil in a large pot over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Stir in chicken broth and wild rice; simmer for 45 minutes.
- Combine water and corn starch in small bowl; stir until smooth. Pour mixture into soup pot. Continue cooking until soup thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add poultry seasoning, turkey, milk and cheese. Heat an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Stir in sherry, if desired.