- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups heavy OR whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Butter an 8 x 8-inch square pan or line pan with buttered foil; set aside.
- Combine sugar, cream, corn syrup, salt and butter in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture boils. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally until candy thermometer reaches 235 to 240°F (soft ball stage). Remove from heat; do not remove candy thermometer.
- Cool mixture to 100°F. (TIP: To speed cooling, place pan of hot fudge mixture in a cold water bath.) Remove candy thermometer.
- Add vanilla. Beat mixture with a wooden spoon until it thickens and begins to lose its gloss (about 10 minutes). Stir in walnuts.
- Pour fudge mixture into prepared pan. Cool completely. When firm, remove from pan; cut into squares.