- 3/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water OR beer
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- Enough for deep frying Mazola® Corn Oil
- 4 cups cut-up vegetables, such as zucchini, carrots, onions and/or mushrooms
- Combine corn starch, flour, baking powder, garlic salt, onion powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Add water and egg; stir until mixture is smooth.
- Heat 3 to 4 inches of oil in a deep pot over medium heat to 350?F.
- Dip vegetables into batter, stirring batter occasionally. Fry a few vegetables at a time, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Recipe Variation: 1-1/2 pounds raw, peeled shrimp can be substituted for the vegetables.