- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1 package (12 ounces) white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup cherry preserves, to taste
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring just until melted. Remove from heat. Without stirring, add corn syrup and 1 cup white chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in large bowl at high speed of electric mixer until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar. Stir in butter mixture and almond extract. Stir in flour, just until blended. Spread half of batter in lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Melt cherry preserves in microwave-safe container on HIGH (100%) for 20 to 30 seconds. Spread over partially baked bars. Stir remaining white chocolate chips and coconut into remaining half of batter. Spread over cherry preserves to edge of pan. Top with sliced almonds.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack; cut into bars.
NOTE: Some fruit preserves may contain high fructose corn syrup, so check the ingredient list for those that have none listed.