- 1-1/2 cups warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Combine water, yeast and 1/4 cup sugar in a large mixer bowl; set aside for 5 minutes to soften yeast. Add honey, oil, eggs, salt and 2 cups whole wheat flour. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed of electric mixer. Beat in remaining whole wheat flour. Stir in enough additional all-purpose flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 5 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to coat all sides. Cover and place in a warm, draft-free place, and let rise about 1 hour, until doubled in bulk.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan and a round or square 8-inch pan (or use three 8-inch round pans); set aside.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into a 12 X 18-inch rectangle. Spread butter on dough. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over dough. Roll tightly, starting on long side. Seal the edges. Cut into 18 rolls, approximately 1-inch thick. Place 12 rolls (cut-side down) in the 13 x 9-inch pan and 6 rolls in the 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Cover rolls and let rise for 1 hour or until rolls are doubled. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes. Invert rolls onto a flat surface.
- To make frosting, mix powdered sugar and almond extract in a medium bowl. Stir in enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over rolls.