- 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) farro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quinoa
- 3 tasses (750 ml) de farine de blé entier
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) spelt flour
- 3 tbsp. + 1 tsp (50 mL) Fleischmann's® Bread Booster
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vital wheat gluten
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp./22mL) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1-1/2 c. à thé (7 mL) de sel
- 1 tasse (250 mL) de lait entier à 3,25 %
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) honey
- 2 cuillères à soupe d'huile de canola Mazola®
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milled flax seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chia seeds
- In small bowl, combine boiling water, farro and quinoa; let stand for 10 minutes. In separate bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, spelt flour and bread booster.
- In large bowl, whisk together 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) flour mixture, vital wheat gluten, yeast and salt.
- In small saucepan set over low heat, cook milk, 1/2 cup (125 mL) water, honey and oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until warm (120ºF to 130ºF/50ºC to 55ºC on instant-read thermometer).
- Using wooden spoon, stir milk mixture into flour, gluten and yeast mixture for 3 to 5 minutes or until almost smooth. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) remaining flour mixture, farro mixture, flax seeds and chia seeds; stir in enough of the remaining flour mixture to make soft dough.
- Transfer to lightly floured surface; knead for 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Divide dough in half. Roll and shape each half into 6-inch (15 cm) round loaf. Place each round on parchment paperlined baking sheet. Cover with tea towel; let stand for 45 to 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake on top and bottom racks of oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, for 40 to 45 minutes or until well browned. Let cool completely on rack before slicing.