- 1/3 cup coarsley chopped almonds
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 cuillère à café de sel
- 1/4 tasse de beurre, ramolli
- 1/3 tasse de sucre
- 1 œuf
- 1 c. à thé d’extrait de vanille pur
- 1 pint extra rich chocolate ice cream
- 5 egg whites
- 1 tasse de sucre
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine almonds, flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt in a bowl; set aside. Beat butter with sugar until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla; stir in flour mixture.
- Coat 4 (4-inch) individual tart pans with removable bottoms with cooking spray. Divide dough evenly between tarts and press in cookie mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until very light brown; cool completely (in pans) on wire rack. Remove outer metal rim of tarts and place bottoms on a cookie sheet. Place a generous scoop (about 1/2 cup) of chocolate ice cream in center of the cookie tart. Freeze cookies with ice cream for a minimum of 30 minutes. (Baked Alaska can be made ahead to this point).
- Meringue: Preheat oven to 500°F. Place egg whites in a large glass or metal mixing bowl (do not use plastic). Beat at high speed with electric mixer until soft peaks form (the peaks should curl slightly when beaters of the mixer are lifted). Mix sugar with cinnamon and cream of tartar. Gradually add sugar to egg whites about 1/4 cup at a time, while continually beating on high speed until mixture is stiff and glossy. Beat in vanilla.
- Remove tarts from freezer. Cover ice cream with 3/4-inch thickness of meringue, sealing to the edge to prevent ice cream leaking. Bake 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.