- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 sachet (2-1/4 c. à thé) de levure Levée rapide Fleischmann's®
- 1/2 c. à thé de sel
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tasse de beurre OU de margarine
- 3 œufs battus
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tasse de cassonade
- 1/2 tasse de beurre de cacahuète
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crushed honey roasted peanuts
- 1 tasse de sucre à glacer
- 2 cuillères à soupe de lait
- 1/2 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1/2 c. à thé d’extrait de vanille pur
- Combine whole wheat flour, undissolved yeast, salt and pudding mix in a large mixer bowl. Heat milk and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F) and add to bowl with eggs. Beat until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add all-purpose flour gradually until soft dough forms. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes. Form dough into a ball on a lightly floured surface and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter and cinnamon for filling. Roll dough into a 24 x 9-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Carefully spread filling to 1/2-in of edges; sprinkle with peanuts. Beginning at long side, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch seam to seal. Cut roll in half lengthwise and lay both halves on a greased baking sheet with the cut side up. Twist halves together keeping cut sides facing upward and form into a ring, pinch ends to seal. Cover and let rise for 1 hour, or until double in size.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Cover twist with foil and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Stir together glaze ingredients until smooth. Cool twist for 10 minutes then drizzle with glaze.