- 3/4 cup (175 mL) warm water
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) sugar
- 1 (2-1/14 tsp- 11mL) envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 1 (15 mL) tablespoon Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- 1-1/2 c. à thé (7 mL) de sel
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups (425 to 550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) brick-style plain cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 (30 mL) tablespoons Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) hickory matchstick potato chips, matchstick carrots or chow mein noodles, for garnishing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced black olives and/or stuffed green olives, pickled jalapeño slices and/or jarred roasted red peppers, for garnishing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Buns: Stir together 1/3 cup warm water with sugar in small bowl. Stir in yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes or until foamy.
- In large bowl, combine remaining warm water, oil and salt. Stir in 1 cup flour and yeast mixture until well blended. Gradually stir in enough of the remaining flour until soft, sticky dough starts to form. Knead for 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding flour as needed.
- Place dough in oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in volume.
- Filling: Meanwhile, mix together chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese and buffalo sauce until combined; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400?F (200?C); set rack on bottom position. On lightly floured work surface, roll out dough out to 14- x 12-inch (36 x 30 cm) rectangle; cut into 20 squares. Place scant tablespoonful of the chicken mixture in center of each square. Pull corners together to enclose filling; pinch to seal and roll up into ball.
- Assembly: Arrange 10 stuffed dough balls, seam side down, on large parchment paperlined baking sheet in squiggly pattern to resemble head and body of a creepy crawler. Brush tops with oil. Poke matchstick potato chips, carrots or chow mein noodles into sides of each dough ball to resemble legs. Poke 2 more pieces into top of head to resemble antennae. Repeat to make one more creepy crawler.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish head with olives, jalapeño slices and/or red peppers for eyes and mouth. Decorate top of each body with slice of black olive for added texture. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.