- 8 ounces bacon, 6 to 8 strips
- 2 c. à soupe de beurre
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cuillères à soupe de sirop doré Beehive® OR Crown®
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tasse de crème sure
- 1 paquet (250 g) de fromage à la crème, ramolli
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate to cool; crumble. Remove all but 2 tablespoons bacon grease from skillet.
- Add butter to skillet with bacon grease. Stir in sweet and red onions and cook over medium heat until soft (about 5 minutes), stirring frequently. Stir in 1 tablespoon corn syrup. Continue to cook for 10 to 15 minutes until onions are caramelized.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon corn syrup, vinegar and crumbled bacon. Mix well and remove from heat. Add sour cream and cream cheese, stirring to blend. Stir in 1-1/2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese; mix well. Pour into greased 1-quart baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly around the edges.
- Sprinkle with green onions. Delicious with kettle chips, snack crackers or fresh vegetables.