- 2 à 2-1/2 tasses de farine tout usage
- 1/4 tasse de sucre
- 1 envelope (2-1/4 tsp.) Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/2 c. à thé de sel
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tasse d’eau
- 1/4 tasse de beurre OU de margarine
- 1 œuf
- 1 can (12-1/2 ounces) almond filling
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped (reserve syrup)
- 1 tasse de sucre à glacer
- 2 to 3 tablespoons reserved cherry syrup
- 1/2 c. à thé d’extrait d’amande
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl. Heat sour cream, water and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Roll to a 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread with almond filling; sprinkle with the cherries. Beginning from long end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch seam and end to seal. Place roll on greased baking sheet. Cover; let rise in warm draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- With sharp knife, make 6 X-shaped cuts across top of loaf. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until done. Remove from sheet; cool on wire rack. Drizzle with Cherry Glaze while warm. Sprinkle with almonds.
- To make Cherry Glaze, combine powdered sugar, cherry syrup and almond extract in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.