- 3/4 tasse de sucre
- 2 c. à soupe de fécule de maïs
- 1/4 c. à thé de sel
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup (divided) Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 2 jaunes d'œufs légèrement battus
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries OR 2-1/2 to 3 cups sliced, peeled fresh peaches
- 2 c. à soupe de sucre
- 1 cuillère à soupe de jus de citron
- 2 cups heavy cream OR whipping cream
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, corn starch and salt in a 2-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Stir in 1/3 cup corn syrup and egg yolks.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into a large bowl and press plastic wrap to surface of mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberries or peaches with 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice; stirring gently. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Place fruit mixture in a blender or food processor. Add remaining 1/3 cup corn syrup; pulse to chop strawberries or peaches. Stir chopped fruit mixture and cream into chilled custard mixture, blending well.
- Freeze in 2-quart ice cream freezer following manufacturer's directions.
- Spoon into freezer containers; cover and freeze several hours or until desired firmness is reached.