- 3-1/4 à 3-3/4 tasses de farine tout usage
- 1 (2-1/4 c. à thé) enveloppe de levure à pizza Fleischmann's®
- 1-1/2 c. à thé de sucre
- 1-1/2 c. à thé de sel
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 cuillères à soupe d'huile de maïs Mazola®
- 1 cuillère à soupe d'huile de maïs Mazola®
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen meatballs, thawed (need 32 total or slice large meatballs in half)
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce OR marinara sauce
- 2 cups Pizza Cheese***
- Préchauffer le four à 375 °F.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest on floured surface while preparing filling.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet; add onions and peppers. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- To make strombolis, divide dough into 4 equal portions. Roll 1 portion into a 10 x 8-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Arrange 1/4 of the meatballs, 1/4 of the vegetables, 1 tablespoon pizza sauce and 1/2 cup cheese lengthwise down center of dough, leaving outer 1-inch free of filling. Fold short sides in 1 to 2 inches; fold remaining sides over. Pinch tightly to close. Carefully transfer to greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to cooling rack to keep bottom crust crisp. Serve with additional pizza sauce or other sauce for dipping.