- 1-1/4 tasses de farine tout usage
- 3/4 c. à thé de sel
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 4 to 5 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1/3 tasse de sucre
- 1 cuillère à soupe de fécule de maïs Fleischmann's®
- 2 c. à thé de cannelle moulue
- 1 cuillère à soupe de sirop de maïs Crown® Lily White®
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 6 wide-mouthed 1/2 pint jelly jars
- 1 cuillère à café de sucre
- Préchauffer le four à 400 °F.
- For crust: Mix flour and salt in large mixing bowl. Pour oil and water into measuring cup - do not stir. Add liquids all at once to flour mixture. Stir with a fork until just moistened. Form dough into a ball.
- Roll between 2 sheets of waxed paper, forming a 14 x 12-inch rectangle. Note: Dampen work area by wiping with a wet dish cloth to prevent wax paper from slipping. Place waxed paper covered crust on a baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For filling: Combine apples, sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, corn syrup and apple juice in a large bowl. Mix until all apples are coated.
- Spray inside of jar with cooking spray. Portion apples into jars, filling to the top.
- Remove top layer of waxed paper from pie crust. Cut a circle the size of the jar (the jar lid makes a great template). Cut out center of crust with a small decorative cookie cutter. Carefully peel crust from waxed paper and place on filling. Repeat with remaining jars. (Only about half of the crust will be used. Place in a large plastic bag to freeze for later use).
- Sprinkle pies with 1 teaspoon sugar. Place pies on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until crust is lightly browned and apples are tender.