- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 medium onion, cut in 1/2-inch (1 cm) wedges
- 1 cuillère à soupe d'huile de maïs Mazola®
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in 1/2-inch (1 cm) strips
- 1/2 cup canned sliced bamboo shoots, well drained
- 1 cup Orient Express stir-fry sauce (recipe below)
- Rice (optional)
Sauce pour sauté Orient Express
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- ½ tasse de fécule de maïs Fleischmann's
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tasse de sirop de maïs Crown® Lily White®
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced OR pressed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine carrots, cauliflower, onion and corn oil in 3-quart (3 L) microwave safe dish.
- Microwave covered on high (100%) for 3 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, green pepper, bamboo shoots and stir-fry sauce.
- Microwave uncovered 10 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens, stirring twice. If desired, serve with rice.
Orient Express stir-fry sauce:
- Combine broth, corn starch, soy sauce, corn syrup, sherry, vinegar, garlic, ginger and red pepper in 1-1/2-quart (1-1/2 L) jar with tight-fitted lid.
- Shake well. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Shake well before using.