- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) rye flour
- 1 (15 mL) tablespoon Fleischmann's® Bread Booster
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cornmeal
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) 3.25% whole milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dark brown sugar
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp. / 22mL) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) molasses
- 3 (45 mL) tablespoons Mazola® Canola Oil
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with dough hook attachment, whisk together all-purpose flour, rye flour and bread booster. Mix in cornmeal, cocoa powder and salt on low speed.
- In small saucepan set over low heat, heat milk for 3 to 5 minutes or until warm (120ºF to 130ºF/50ºC to 55ºC on instant-read thermometer). Sprinkle sugar and yeast over milk. Let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Beat warm milk mixture, molasses and 2 tbsp. (30 mL) oil into flour mixture on medium-low speed, scraping down side of bowl occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until ball of dough starts to form and pull away from side of bowl.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface; knead for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Grease bowl with remaining oil; transfer dough to greased bowl. Cover with tea towel; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Return dough to work surface; punch down dough and knead lightly. Roll and shape into 12-inch (30 cm) log. Place on parchment paperlined baking sheet. Cover with damp tea towel; let stand for 45 to 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400?F (200?C). Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and instant-read thermometer inserted into center of loaf registers 190?F (88?C). Let cool completely on rack before slicing.