Cinnamon Cream Sauce
- 1 cuillère à soupe de cassonade
- 2 teaspoons water OR rum
- 1 c. à thé de fécule de maiis Fleischmann's®
- 1/2 c. à thé de cannelle moulue
- 3 cuillères à soupe de beurre OU de margarine
- 1/2 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1 c. à thé d’extrait de vanille
- 1 cup half & half
- 6 large baking apples
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1/3 cup Cinnamon Cream Sauce (recipe above)
- Préchauffer le four à 350 °F.
- For sauce: Stir brown sugar, water or rum, corn starch and cinnamon together in a small saucepan over medium heat; add butter and stir until melted. Add corn syrup and bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat to stir in half & half and vanilla. Return to heat and cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- For apples: Core the apples, making openings at least 1-inch in diameter and leaving bottom of apples intact; place in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine walnuts, raisins, corn syrup and 1/3 cup cinnamon cream sauce in a small bowl. Fill centers of apples with mixture then bake for 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve with remaining sauce.