- 3/4 tasse de sucre
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 c. à soupe de fécule de maïs
- 1/8 cuillère à café de sel
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 tasse de sirop de maïs Crown® Lily White®
- 2 jaunes d'œufs légèrement battus
- 2 cups heavy cream OR whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cuillères à café d'extrait de vanille pure
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine sugar, cocoa, corn starch and salt in a 3-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Stir in corn syrup and egg yolks.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Pour into a large bowl; press plastic wrap to surface of mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until chilled. Stir cream and vanilla into chilled custard mixture.
- Freeze in a 2-quart ice cream freezer following manufacturers instructions. Add almonds 5 minutes before removing from ice cream freezer. Transfer to freezer container; cover and freeze until desired firmness is reached.