- 3 tasses de lait
- 1/3 tasse de sucre
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cuillère à soupe de sel
- 2 (4-1/2 c. à thé) enveloppes de levure traditionnelle Fleischmann's®
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- Combine milk, sugar, shortening and salt. Heat until warm (100° to 110°F); pour into large mixer bowl. Add yeast and stir. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add 3-1/4 cups bread flour; beat with electric mixer on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium-high for 3 minutes. Remove 2-1/2 cups of the batter and place in large mixing bowl.
- To the 2-1/2 cups of batter, stir in as much remaining bread flour as possible to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic, adding additional flour as needed. Shape into a ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover; set aside.
- To remaining batter, stir in molasses, whole wheat flour and flax seed. Knead on lightly floured surface 8 to 10 minutes, adding additional bread flour as needed, until smooth and elastic. Shape into a ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover; set aside.
- Let both portions of dough rise in a warm, draft free place until double, about 60 to 75 minutes. Punch each down and divide each portion in half. Cover. Let rest 10 minutes. Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Roll out half the light dough and half the dark dough, each into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Place dark dough on top of light dough. Beginning with the short side, roll up tightly and shape into a loaf. Seal seams with fingertips. Repeat with remaining dough sections to make 2nd loaf.
- Place seam side down, in prepared pans. Cover and let rise until double, about 45 to 60 minutes. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 190°F. Remove from pans immediately. Cool on wire rack.