Thai Chile Peanut Sauce
- 3 c. à soupe de cassonade
- 2 cuillères à soupe de fécule de maïs Fleischmann's®
- 1 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar OR ponzu
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Thai Chile Peanut Sauce: Stir brown sugar, corn starch and crushed red pepper together in a small saucepan. Add remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Cook over medium heat; stirring occasionally. Heat until mixture boils for 1 full minute. Remove from heat; cool.
- Assemble Salad: Place Napa cabbage, celery, cucumber and shrimp in a large bowl. Toss with 2/3 cup Thai Chile Peanut Sauce. Squeeze lime juice over top and toss again. Divide evenly between 4 salad plates; sprinkle with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with additional Thai Chile Peanut Sauce.
- Cover and store any remaining Thai Chile Peanut Sauce Sauce in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.