- 3-1/2 à 4 tasses de farine tout usage
- 1 sachet (2-1/4 c. à thé) de levure Levée rapide Fleischmann's®
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 2 c. à soupe de sucre
- 3/4 c. à thé de sel
- 1 tasse d’eau
- 2 c. à soupe de beurre OU de margarine
- 2 blancs d’œufs
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, nonfat dry milk, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Heat water and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F); stir into flour mixture. Stir in egg whites, walnuts and enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough to 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Beginning at short end, roll up tightly. Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place, seam side down, in greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.