- 1 (2-1/4 c. à thé) enveloppe de levure traditionnelle Fleischmann's®
- 1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110° F)
- 1 c. à soupe de sucre
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 c. à soupe de miel
- 1/4 cup dill seed
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 c. à thé de sel
- 1/2 c. à thé de bicarbonate de sodium
- 2 oeufs légèrement battus
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water (100° to 110° F) in large mixer bowl. Add sugar and let stand 5 minutes. Add cottage cheese, butter, honey, dill, onion, salt, baking soda and eggs; mix well. Add 3 cups flour; stir until combined.
- Stir in 1 to 1-1/2 cups remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 12 to 15 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with a clean towel or greased plastic wrap. Place over a bowl of hot water in an unheated (cool) oven. Let rise 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Remove from oven; punch down dough and divide in half. Shape each half into a loaf and place in greased 9 X 5-inch loaf pans. Cover. Return dough to unheated (cool) oven with a fresh bowl of hot water underneath on separate rack and let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. (Remove dough from oven while preheating). Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.