- 1-2/3 cups warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 2 (4-1/2 c. à thé) enveloppes de levure traditionnelle Fleischmann's®
- 1/4 tasse de miel
- 1/4 tasse de beurre OU de margarine, ramolli
- 1 c. à thé de sel
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 3/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 2 c. à soupe de beurre, fondu
- Place 2/3 cup water in a large bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Add remaining water, honey, 1/4 cup butter, salt, 1 cup whole wheat flour, wheat bran and wheat gluten; blend well. Stir in sage, marjoram, thyme and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; remove to lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 24 equal pieces; shape into smooth balls. Arrange balls in 2 greased 8-inch round pans. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans; brush with melted butter. Serve warm.