- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast OR 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons melted butter OR margarine
- 1 can (19 ounces / 540 mL) apple pie filling
- 2/3 cup granola cereal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and melted butter; mix until well blended. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If using Quick Rise Yeast, let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.)
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to a 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching edge of the dough.
- Spread apple pie filling over crust; top with granola cereal.
- Bake on lowest rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until crust is browned adn granola topping is lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes.
- Combine vanilla drizzle ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over pizza. Serve warm.
*If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away in a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.