- 2 cups peeled & finely diced apples
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmanns Corn Starch
- 1 single batch of pie dough, chilled
- Egg wash, for topping
- Coarse sugar, for topping
- To a non-stick skillet over medium heat add the apples, water, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt & cornstarch. Continuously stirring, cook until the liquids thicken & the apples soften, about 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to ¼-inch thickness. Cut into 8 biscuit sized rounds. Roll out the remaining & slice into thin strips.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Place the dough rounds on the tray & lightly brushed with egg wash. Add a spoonful of pie dough to the center & finish with the strips of dough, creating a lattice pattern on each cookie.
- Brush with additional egg wash & sprinkle with coarse sugar. Chill for 30 minutes as the oven preheats to 375(f) degrees.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden & cooked throughout. Let cool to room temperature & enjoy!