- 1 tart baking apple such as a Granny Smith
- 1 can (8 ounces) crescent roll dough
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon flavored whiskey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 9 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel and core the apple and cut it into 8 slices. Place an apple slice at the wide end of each crescent roll and roll up. Place in prepared pan.
- Combine butter, corn syrup, sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Heat on low until the butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in the whiskey. Pour the mixture over the turnovers. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the turnovers. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and apples are tender.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Fireball® is a registered trademark of Sazerac Company and is not affiliated with ACH Food Companies, Inc.