- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup, vanilla and salt; blend thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate and walnuts. Fold in flour.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan. Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from the pan. When cool, cut into squares.