- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Blend sugar, corn starch and salt in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Combine milk and egg yolks; gradually stir into sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into dessert dishes. Cool slightly and chill in refrigerator.