- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast OR Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120 to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 8 ounces (250g) ground beef, cooked and crumbled
- To taste black fine grind pepper
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces or 125 to 250g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 dill pickle slices
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If not using Pizza yeast, allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.)
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Combine pizza sauce, ketchup and mustard; spread over crust. Sprinkle with onions and ground beef. Season to taste with black pepper. Evenly sprinkle cheese over pizza; top with dill pickle slices.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
*If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.