- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 pound (4 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1- 1/2 pounds/850 g fully cooked reduced fat sausage, crumbled and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2-ounce) Italian style diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place oven rack on the lowest shelf and preheat oven to 500°F. Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Stir water and oil into flour mixture. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Grease 14-inch deep dish pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Press dough into pan so that bottom of pan is all covered and the dough reaches 1-1/2 inches up the side of the pan. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese; crumble sausage over cheese. Top with tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
- Place in preheated oven; immediately reduce heat to 400oF. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.