- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked 6 minutes and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup buttery cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir corn starch, milk and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl until smooth; pour into saucepan. Add bouillon cube. Bring to boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute.
- Combine sauce, chicken, broccoli, macaroni and 1-1/2 cups cheese in a large bowl. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2 to 3-quart casserole.
- For TOPPING: Combine melted butter with cracker crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake 25 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.