- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 pound (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (16 to 20 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, green beans)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 small can (7.5 ounces) refrigerated biscuits, halved or quartered, if desired
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium high heat,. Add chicken and onion; stirring frequently, cook 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Stir in vegetables, chicken broth, salt, pepper and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Blend milk and corn starch together in small measuring cup. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring mixture back to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil 1 minute.
- Spoon chicken mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with biscuits; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are lightly browned.