- Edible flowers (pansies, violas, rose, lavender, etc)
- 2 cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 cup of corn syrup
- ¾ cup of water
- ⅛ tsp of cream of tartar
- 2 drops of food colouring (optional)
- Lightly spray your lollipop mould with oil and wipe away the excess.
- Arrange dried or fresh edible flowers or petals in each mould along with the lollipop sticks.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, mix the water, sugar, corn syrup and cream of tartar. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally with a silicone spatula until the mixture comes to a boil. Using a candy thermometer, continue to boil until the syrup reaches 300°F or hard crack stage. Remove from heat and pour into a microwave safe bowl or bowls if using different colours. Stir in your desired food colouring. Note the bowls will get extremely hot so handle with caution.
- Slowly pour your hot syrup into your prepared lollipop moulds. If your syrup becomes too thick, just microwave for 30 second intervals until it becomes loose enough to pour again. Let your lollipops completely cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Gently remove from the mould and store.
Recipe Tip: You can add a few drops of your favourite flavoured oil at the same time as the food colouring. You can also use sprinkles instead of edible flowers, just sprinkle them on after filling the mould while the syrup is still hot.