- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- White royal icing, to glaze
- Pink royal icing, to glaze
- Edible dried flowers, for topping
- Sliced candied ginger, for topping
- Chopped pistachios, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350(f) degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the butter & sugar until fluffy. Add the egg & vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder & salt. Mix until dough comes together, about 60 seconds. Shape dough into a disc, cover tightly with plastic wrap & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to roughly ½-inch thick. Use a large & small fluted edge round cookie cutter to create the wreath shape. Cut out 24 cookies.
- Transfer cookies to the prepared baking sheets & bake until the edges are golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl add the white royal icing. Drizzle in a spoonful of pink royal icing & swirl with a scriber (a chopstick will do the trick) to create the marble effect. Dip each cookie in the icing, transfer to a wire rack & repeat. Note: you will have to continuously add a drizzle of pink icing to the bowl to create the marbling on each cookie.
- Finish with a sprinkle of dried flowers, candied ginger & chopped pistachios.