- 1-3/4 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Bread Booster™
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast OR Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120 to 130°F)*
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons canola, cornOR vegetable oi
- 1/2 to 1 cup pizza sauce
- Other toppings as desired
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl mix flour and Bread Booster together.
- Combine 1 cup of flour mixture, undissolved yeast, sugar, salt and Italian herbs in a large bowl. Combine very warm water, garlic and oil. Add to flour mixture and mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour mixture to make a so_ dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If not using Pizza Yeast, allow dough to rest 10 minutes.)
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with desired toppings and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the “fold, push and turn” steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
RECIPE NOTE: Recipe may also be used to make one thick crust 9-inch pizza. Increase baking time to 20 minutes.