- 1 cup water, warm to touch
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's Dry Active Yeast
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Flaked salt, to finish
- In a large mixing bowl add water & yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, flour, herbs & salt. Stir until a wet dough comes together.
- Cover & let rise for 2 hours, folding & rotating the dough every 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425(f) degrees & line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface into a ½ inch thick oval “face” shape.
- Transfer flatbread to prepared baking sheets. Cut out 3 slits on each flatbread to create the ghost face & stretch the holes slightly to create gaps in the bread.
- Brush generously with remaining olive oil & sprinkle with flaked salt. Bake until golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Brush with additional olive oil if desired & enjoy!