- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 tablespoons orange peel
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Icings and Decorations
- Mix flour, sugar, corn starch, orange peel, ginger, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk molasses, water and egg in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Pour molasses mixture over flour; beat with mixer until dough forms a ball. Knead for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth. Divide in half, wrap in plastic wrap. Chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Decorate as desired with icings, sugars and sprinkles.