- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Combine flour mix, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl; stir together until evenly blended and set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar together. Add the melted chocolate and mix until smooth. Add the egg, corn syrup and vanilla mixing until smooth. Gradually stir in dry ingredients with mixer on low speed scraping sides as needed. Mix just until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Transfer dough onto plastic film, flatten into a disc, wrap tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until very firm.
- Preheat oven to 375?F.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and arrange 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly to 1/4-inch thickness (If dough becomes too soft, refrigerate for an additional 10 minutes prior to baking).
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until firm in center. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet.