- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 24 paper lined or greased muffin cups (2-1/2 inch).
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or according to package directions. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour mix, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixer bowl. Stir in buttermilk, water, oil, eggs and vanilla and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add melted chocolate and continue mixing for 1 minute.
- Portion batter into baking cups filling each almost full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool to room temperature prior to frosting.
- For frosting: Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 1 to 2 minutes until pale and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar. Add vanilla and beat until smooth.