- 3 tablespoons melted butter OR margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup flaked, sweetened coconut
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, drained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Coconut-Pineapple Topping: Pour butter into an 8 x 8-inch baking pan, swirling to coat bottom. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and coconut. Spread crushed pineapple over coconut mixture.
- Cake: Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt in a large mixer bowl. Heat milk, water, and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Spoon evenly over prepared topping. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Invert and remove from pan; serve warm.