- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) packet Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon Mazola® RightBlend® Oil
- 1 egg white
- A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, Italian herb seasoning, sesame seed, etc.
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, dry yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl and stir until blended. Combine water and 2 teaspoons olive oil in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F). Add to flour mixture with egg white.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in just enough remaining flour so that the dough will form into a ball.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic and springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover with a towel; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a 10-inch rope. Spray hands or counter with cooking spray, if dough is too sticky to handle easily. Place on large greased baking sheet (or use 2 smaller baking sheets, if needed). Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with desired toppings. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes .
- Bake at 450ºF for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan with a metal spatula. Serve warm.