- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6-3/4 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Bread Booster™
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) packets Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- For greasing, 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Extra flour for dusting
- In a bowl, mix flour and booster together, remove 2 cups and set aside (keep both quantities). Combine 2 cups flour mixture, sugar, dry yeast and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and stir until blended, using the dough hook. Combine water, milk and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F. Butter won’t melt completely). Add to flour mixture.
- Knead 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1 cup flour; continue to knead an additional 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Add the flour so that the dough will form into a ball.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic and springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover with a towel; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut dough into 2 equal pieces. Using a rolling pin, roll each piece of dough into a 12 x 7-inch. Beginning at the short end of each rectangle, roll up tightly. Pinch seams and ends to seal. Place, seam sides down, in greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 inch loaf pans. Cover with a towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 400ºF oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans by running a knife around the edges and invert onto a wire rack.