- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for rolling out)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs OR 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-fruit preserves, such as apricot or blackberry
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, egg, applesauce, oil and vanilla in medium mixing bowl on medium-high.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into sugar mixture, forming a soft dough. Lightly flour your hand and roll heaping teaspoons of dough into 36 small balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Dip bottom of a glass in flour and flatten cookie to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Make a thumbprint in center of each cookie. Fill each center with 1/4 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are firm and preserves are bubbly.
- Transfer cookies from baking sheets to cooling racks. When cookies are cool, sprinkle with sifted confectioner's sugar.
- Store in airtight container, separating layers of cookies with sheets of wax paper, for up to 1 week.