Stout Beer Crust
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast OR Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm stout beer (120° to 130°F)*
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups crumbled leftover meatloaf
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm beer; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to a 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Stir ketchup and barbecue sauce together; brush over dough.
- Top with crumbled meatloaf, onions and cheese.
- Bake on lowest rack for 14 to 17 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is lightly browned.
*If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you.Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
*** Although a Stout beer is recommended for this pizza, virtually any type beer can be used.