- Begin by preparing the layer cake. Add a dollop of buttercream to the center of the turntable cake stand & place one of the prepared cakes on top. Spread the top with an even layer of buttercream & top with second layer of cake. Repeat with remaining cake.
- Crumb coat the cake with the prepared buttercream & chill for 30 minutes. Add the final layer of buttercream & smooth out the sides using a bench scraper. Chill for an additional 30 minutes.
- Heat cream until hot to touch, but do not boil. In a small glass bowl add the chocolate chips & pour over the hot cream. Stir until chocolate is fully incorporated into the cream & transfer to a squeeze bottle. Let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature to chill slightly.
- Drip the chocolate mixture down the top & sides of the cake, working in layers. Refrigerate the cake after each layer to allow the ganache to fully harden. Repeat until you have 6 to 8 layers of the dripped ganache. Add a candle in the center & gently press down into the cake.
- When ready to serve, light candle & enjoy!