- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 egg divided
- 1 package pie crust (refrigerated)
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- Whipped cream OR whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Unfold refrigerated pie crust on a cutting board. Using a 2 inch round cutter, cut 24 circles. Place circle dough into a greased 24 mini muffin pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg with an electric mixer in a small bowl, until smooth. Portion 1 teaspoon of mix into bottom of the tart.
- In same bowl, beat 1/4 cup sugar, remaining 1 egg, corn syrup, lemon juice, butter, corn starch and grated lemon peel until well blended. Pour 2 teaspoon of the lemon mix over cream cheese layer.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until filling is puffed and set. Cool on wire rack. To serve, top with whipped cream.